Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tubes

I scraplifted this idea from Creating Keepsakes Jan. 2009, pg. 42. I was drawn to the original layout because of the colors, well-ordered grid-design, and the structure of the page. I also liked the attractive journal/title circle spot. I don't usually follow every design so closely, but I chose to do so with this sketch.



The background paper is Bazzil Basics cardstock. I used patterned paper scraps I had from stuff I bought at Michaels a few years ago. I think the series was a Monkey theme. I used random stickers that I happened to find. I also like the way the stripes tie all the colors together and keep the eye moving over the page.

This layout tells the story of my son, at 3 1/2, getting tubes in his ears when we lived in Sweden. I took WAY too many photos of the event and actually completed a second page on the back of this one that completes the story.

The second page is a modified version of the previous layout. I had more pictures and utilized the paper scraps in a different way, not using such large sections. I repeated the stripe strips and flowers and the circle/journal element.

No comments:

Post a Comment