Monday, June 18, 2012

Some new ideas

I've working to keep up with documenting our family history. Living in Saudi Arabia is terribly exciting because we are having so many new experiences. In order to keep up with it all, I've created two blogs. One blog is a public one where I write about interesting experiences we are having in KSA. The other blog is a record of the weekly emails I send to my parents and friends. My weekly email details events and happenings with our family. I also include 6-10 pictures with the emails. I've been doing these emails for a long time. Unfortunately, I never did very well at keeping a record of those emails. They basically come down to journal entries. By keeping a private blog, I can post each weekly email with pictures.

I plan to have both blogs printed. This will then leave me time to spend creating pages that are meaningful to me. I have a blog which records a good portion of 2009 and 2010. I'll try and pull my emails from 2010 to finish off the year. Then I'll make a book from that blog. I'm also going to work on pulling my email letters for 2011. It's just good to keep a record.

I plan to do this so we have a complete record. I don't want the things I post on my email letters to be shared with the world. That's why I plan to keep two blogs.

I also need to get my Stranger Here blog printed out. But that's coming.

In the meantime, I'm still plugging along. I discovered that I had left a lot of the 2010 layouts I had made back in storage in the U.S. So I guess I'll make everything fit when I get back. In the meantime, I only have a few more pages there. So I'm definitely moving along!


No comments:

Post a Comment